- 2 speckled trout Fillets (catch em’ here at HR&G)
- 4 ounces fish breading
- 2 tablespoons HR&G seasoning (Call Pauline 888.762.3391)
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups frying oil
- 2 6-inch French rolls
- 1 ripe tomato, sliced
1 pound slaw mix
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons Creole mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
Hot sauce to taste
- To make slaw, combine all ingredients and season to taste; cover and refrigerate.
- In a shallow dish, mix breading and seasoning. Coat fillets in mixture, shaking off any excess. Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add fillets; cook until golden brown, approximately 4 minutes.
- Turn once, remove trout, and let drain on paper towel.
- Split French rolls and spoon slaw mix in, place fried trout on top of slaw, and add sliced tomatoes.
- Serve with your favorite Chips!
Our Recipe Categories