This Crawfish Jambalaya is easy to make and will bring a taste of Louisiana to your kitchen. It’s bold and spicy with lots of crawfish and andouille sausage.
- 4 andouille sausage links or other smoked sausage
- 1 ½cupschopped onion
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup diced green bell pepper
- 2large garlic cloves, minced
- 2tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 ½ cups long grain rice
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon ground thyme
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon tabasco sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 pound crawfish tail meat
- ½ cup chopped green onions
1. Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of oil. Add sausage and saute until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove sausage from Dutch oven and set aside.
2. Add remaining butter and oil to Dutch oven along with onion, celery, and green pepper. Saute vegetables until soft, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute. Add remaining ingredients, except crawfish, reserved sausage, and green onions, and stir together well.
3. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and cover pot. Cook about 15 minutes, until rice is cooked and liquid is absorbed.
4. Add in crawfish and sausage and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes to warm the crawfish. Sprinkle green onions on top and serve with additional Tabasco sauce.
Our Recipe Categories