Beer Battered Speckled Trout Sliders
Speckled Trout Fillets
- 1 lb fresh trout fillet, skin removed, cut into strips to fit the bun
- salt and pepper
- fresh lime juice
Simple Beer Batter:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon fine kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup beer, room temperature
- dash+ of garlic powder
- dash+ of hot paprika (or whatever paprika you have on hand)
- Vegetable oil – 2 inches deep in pan (about 4 cups)
Salt and pepper trout pieces. Squirt with lime juice. Let sit up to 15 minutes.
Mix together batter in large bowl and add fish to coat.
Heat oil to 350 degrees. Carefully place 4-5 pieces of fish into the hot oil. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
Drain on paper towel. If you need to keep warm, place in a 200 degree oven until ready to serve. S&P to taste.
Top with cilantro lime sauce