- Ducks plucked
- Pan sausage (half mild & half hot)
- Tony Chachere’s creole seasoning
- Fresh mushrooms sliced up
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 tbsp. kitchen bouquet (a browning and seasoning liquid)
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- Heavy iron pot (very important)
- Corn starch dissolved in cold water
Stuff cavity of birds with sausage and sprinkle creole seasoning on outside. Brown in olive oil on top of stove, turning often, until very dark. Pour water to almost cover birds. Add mushrooms and kitchen bouquet. Bring to gentle boil and cover with tight lid. Simmer until falling from bone (3 to 5 hours). Remove birds and thicken gravy with cornstarch. (This is the only way I have found to completely tenderize ducks or geese and remove all wild flavor.)
Serve over wild or regular rice with gravy from ducks. Also serve with sweet potatoes, rolls, iced tea.
May use goose instead of duck.