GUY’S POT-ROASTED DUCKS
- 6 to 8 small ducks – You can get them during Teal season right here at the lodge
- HR&G all purpose seasoning – Pauline has it – call her toll free at 888.762.3391
- 1 – tsp. onion powder
- 1 – tsp. garlic powder
- 1 – tsp. black pepper
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1 – bunch of green onions chopped
- 2 – large onions course chopped
- 1 – large bell pepper chopped
- 16 oz. Coca-cola
- 12 to 24 ounces fresh small button mushrooms (lot of mushrooms is best
Season ducks with HR&G seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper. Brown ducks in oil for one hour or until dark, turning often so they won’t burn. Add green onions, chopped onions and chopped bell pepper. Cook for 10 minutes. Add coca-cola and enough water to cover the ducks. Cook on medium/high for 2 hours. Add mushrooms, cover and cook on low for 45 minutes.
Serve with rice and corn bread.
You are going to love this dish.
THIS WILL BE THE MOST TENDER AND TASTY DUCK YOU HAVE EVER EATEN.