SPICY SHRIMP WITH GRITS
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup of whipping cram
- 1/2 stick of butter
- Salt to taste
- 1 – cup of quick-cooking grits
- 1 pound of fresh shrimp cooked, peeled, and deveined.
- 1 cup of shredded pepper jack cheddar cheese
- Garlic powder to taste
- Butter to taste
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- shredded pepper jack cheese (optional)
- finely chopped green onions (optional)
Bring the water, cream, ¼ cup of butter and salt to a boil in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Reduce the heat to medium. Stir in the grits, cook for 7 to 8 minutes or until the mixture is smooth, stirring constantly. Stir in the shrimp, cheddar cheese and garlic powder. Stir in butter to taste and hot pepper sauce. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until heated through. Sprinkle with pepper jack cheese and green onions.